Monday, April 18, 2011

Geneen Roth’s Lost and Found

Money! by Tracy O
Money!, a photo by Tracy O on Flickr.
Options for Fat People

Geneen Roth has helped many people free themselves from food addiction. Reading Lost and Found may do the same with financial problems.
            After saving for thirty years, she lost one million dollars thanks to Bernie Madoff. It forced her to “wake up” and pay attention to her relationship with money.
Her experience and recovery speak to many, especially food addicts and money drunks.
            After partnering with a friend I eliminated over $8,000.00 of credit card debt. I lost thirty pounds along the way and have many pounds to go. When I became debt free that I realized the true cost of spent dollars not yet earned.
          While reading this book I must ask myself hard questions. If money weren’t a consideration and I lost the fill in the blank pounds, what do I value? What do I really want? Really?
 I will share more about the book and myself in the coming weeks.

2 comments:

  1. When do you think you'll finish the book

    ReplyDelete
  2. Turner, wonderful posts. Loved especially about Steve Harvey giving advice and than a clarification, that his advice,naturally, doesn't apply to him! LOL!

    ReplyDelete